Use trail information and maps at your own Risk!!!
- The information provided on Trailville.com is submitted by trail users, not professional cartographers. The information provided is intended to supplement other maps and information and basic outdoor navigation skills. If you are solely depending on a map or other information provided on this site to get you safely through the trail, you are making a big mistake. Think of this information as advice provided to you from a stranger that you bumped into on a trail. It's probably useful, possibly accurate, and potentially completely wrong.
All content on Trailville.com is Copyright Protected
- This protection applies to maps, photos, textual content and other graphics.
- You may print or otherwise reproduce the content for their own personal use. Personal use is defined as printing or otherwise reproducing no more than 5 copies to be used by yourself.
- Content may not be sold, redistributed, or republished in any form without the written permission of the copyright holder. See Copyright Policy for more details.
Submitting content to Discussion Pages
- The Discussion Pages are for discussing the specific trail or article associated with that specific discussion page. This would include providing trail reports, additional information useful to the trail user, announcements of trail-related events, and general comments related to the trail. Off-topic comments are prohibited.
- Submitting obscene, offensive, or malicious content is forbidden. The site administrator has the ultimate word on whether or not something is obscene, offensive, or malicious.
- Spamming or advertisements are prohibited. There may be times when mentioning a commercial product or business is relevant to the trail, and, in these special cases it is ok to include the information. Once again, the site administrator has the ultimate say. And I (the site administrator) am pretty good at spotting spam.
- Content submitted to Discussion Pages can be (are capable of being) edited or deleted by other site visitors. This is the nature of a WIKI. If this bothers you, please do not submit content.
- Users should not edit or delete content submitted by others. This goes along with the previous note. Even though you can, doesn't mean you should. The page editor/author or site administrator are the only ones that should be editing or deleting content.
- We will not sell or share your personal information, nor will we use it to contact you for purposes other than administration purposes related to your account.
- Registered users should be aware that if they include their email address in their user profile (not required, but necessary for some key features) and then use the "E-mail this user" function, that their email address will appear in the email sent to the other user. However, users sending email to you through the "E-mail this user" function will not see your email address unless you reply to their email.
- If you anonymously (not logged in) submit content (or edit a page), your IP address will appear in the page history and possibly in the message itself. This information will be available to the general public. It is technically possible (though usually very difficult) to track an IP address to a specific user or ISP account. We may use your IP address to block you from the site or pursue legal action if malicious conduct is observed.
- If you include personal information (such as your email address) in articles or posts on discussion pages, be aware that spammers and other internet vermin can (and probably will) abuse this information.
- Other web sites may link to individual trail pages provided they do not display the page in a frame or otherwise change the presentation of the page.
- Linking directly to image files (maps, photos, etc) or embedding them in another web site is strictly prohibited.
See Editors Page