IL Lake County
Lake County Illinois Trails
- Illinois Beach State Park - Illinois State Park with trails for hiking and biking as will as coastline for paddling and hiking.
- Des Plaines River Trail - Scenic meandering bike (multi-use) trail running 28 miles along the Des Plaines River.
- Des Plaines River - Lake County Illinois - Great place for some interesting quiet water paddling.
- Van Patten Woods - Lake County Forest Preserve, Illinois - Forest Preserve just Southwest of Kenosha has bicycling and hiking trails and access to the Des Plaines River and the Des Plaines River Trail.
- Gander Mountain Forest Preserve - Lake County Forest Preserve, Illinois Scenic, rugged undeveloped forest preserve with some great hiking trails.
- Lyons Woods Forest Preserve Forest Preserve trails with access to the Robert McClory Bike Path.
- Nippersink Creek Canoe - Lake County and McHenry County Illinios - Scenic prairie stream offering some nice paddling.
- Beulah Park Trails - City Park in Zion with some nice hiking and mountain bike trails.
- Fossland Park Trail - Small city park in Winthrop Harbor with a short trail through a small ravine.
- Skokie Valley Trail - An 8 mile paved trail along US-41.
- North Shore Bike Path - A partially paved trail running east/west along IL-176.